Peace of Mind Against Financial Loss
Cost-Effective and Flexible Car Hire Excess Insurance
Protection on Single and Multi-Trips
Who Are We?
We are Direct Car Hire Excess, and work as a specialised and experienced team, we provide our customers with a professional, seamless, first class service. We cover European and Worldwide car hire agreements, except for rentals in Armenia, Dominican Republic, Iceland, and Jamaica.
- Professional and experienced within car hire excess insurance
- FCA authorised and regulated
- Passionate about the protection of our customers
- 24 Hour Support
What Do We Offer?
We are proud to provide protection to our customers from the possible financial implications that excess costs can incur.
We provide cost-effective and flexible car hire excess insurance policies to cover both single and multiple trips abroad; all at competitive prices. We are a trading style of Strategic Insurance Services Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
At Direct Car Hire Excess, we believe that protecting our customers from unprecedented excess fees is important.
Our mission is to give our customers peace of mind that they are protected in the case of car hire excess charges. We want to give our customers the best protection and knowledge knowing that we are here to help. We have made our prices cost-effective and flexible, as well as making the claims process easy for all of our customers.
At Direct Car Hire Excess, we have a variety of company values that we believe brings you, as the customer, the best and most-fair service:
- We believe that the customer always comes first, and their financial protection is important
- At the heart of our company are our dedicated, professional and experienced staff who are here to help you with any queries you may have
- Providing cost-effective and flexible car hire excess insurance to give our customer the ultimate protection
Frequently Asked Questions
• What are the eligibility requirements?
You must be:
- aged between 21 and 84 years inclusive, and
- who holds a full and valid, internationally recognised driving licence,
- who secures a car rental excess via their credit or debit card, and
- who is eligible to rent and drive the rental vehicle and able to adhere to the terms of the car rental agreement.
- This policy is not valid if you are unable to meet all the eligibility criteria noted above.
• How does direct car hire excess insurance actually work?
At DirectCarHireExcess, we use a proprietary online claims platform to process claims, to make the process as simple as possible. You log in securely, validate your policy, add a few claims details and we do the rest! No messy claims form. No need to post documents. No photocopying and sending documents. That’s why the claims platform is called ClaimEz (www.claimez.com).
• How do I make a claim?
If you are planning to travel to multiple countries, please select the ‘multi-trip’ option when filling out your no-obligation free quote. Direct Car Hire Excess can cover multi-trips throughout Europe and Worldwide.
• Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes, should you decide that within 14 days of the receipt of the policy documents that this insurance is not suitable for you, you can cancel it and obtain a full refund (you must provide the notice of cancellation no later than the start date of cover shown in your certificate).
• Is Direct Care Hire Excess FCA regulated?
Yes, Direct Car Hire Excess is FCA authorised and regulated.