Holiday Car Excess Insurance
Whether you holiday abroad once or year or take countless trips annually, we can make sure you are protected when you rent a car overseas. Hiring a car on holiday is an exciting experience and the chance to travel further afield to take in sights the country has to offer. With a range of different options to choose from, including worldwide, European and annual cover, you know you are in the best hands with Direct Car Hire Excess.
It’s no secret that some car hire firms overseas can charge as high as £2,000 in excess in some cases. This means if your hire car ends up damaged you could be seriously out of pocket. Erase this worry by investing in direct car hire excess insurance with us for as little as 12p per day.
Holiday Car Hire Excess Insurance
We can cover all your holidays overseas with an annual policy. Alternatively, you can select the single trip option when you obtain a no-obligation free quote from us. For those heading abroad multiple times a year and think an annual policy might be the best option you can select from worldwide or European coverage. Every single policy purchased by our customers is completely bespoke to them, based on the details given to us. If you should have any queries you can easily contact us on +44(0) 20 8181 3815.
Holiday care hire excess insurance cover is the perfect way to ensure your time abroad is stress free. Even if you do need to make a claim it can be done easily via our accessible online claims portal and you can view the progress of your claim at any time.
Choose US for a Stress-Free Holiday
As well as ensuring every excess insurance policy is tailored to each customer, we also offer a number of benefits depending on your level of cover with us. These can include:
- Window cover
- Tyre cover
- Admin charge cover
- Key cover
- Curtailment cover
- Misfuelling cover
- Carjacking cover
|Currency*||GBP, EUR or USD||GBP, EUR or USD||GBP, EUR or USD|
|From**||£/€/$1.80 per day||£/€/$2.25 per day||£/€/$2.63|
|Admin Charge Cover||✔||✔||✔|
|Personal Accident Cover||✖||✔||✔|
|Personal Possessions Cover||✖||✔||✔|
|Drop Off Charges||✖||✔||✔|
|Lock Out Cover||✖||✖||✔|
|Road Rage Cover||✖||✖||✔|
|In Country Rental||✖||✖||✔|
Latest Blog Posts
- Europe’s Scariest Roads to Drive On If you’re planning a road trip in Europe you might want to be careful where you choose to drive because Europe is actually home to some pretty scary roads. Driving can be repetitive and sometimes it’s exciting when you find windy roads but ...
- Car Hire Insurance Glossary When it comes to hiring a car, you can often be blinded by lots of jargon. There are many different terms/phrases associated with car hire relating to insurance, excess taxes and more. If you’re baffled by all of this car hire jargon it can be ...
- How to Save Money While Travelling in France? France isn’t overly expensive but it can be pricey in certain areas if you’re trying to stick to a tight budget. If you’re determined to travel to France but are looking to cut costs where you can we have compiled some ...
Car Hire Excess Insurance Holiday Policy FAQs
• How much will an excess insurance policy cover me for on holiday?
When you take out car hire excess cover with us you can choose from three levels of cover; Basic, Standard and Deluxe. The amount of excess covered will depend on which level you select. However, it ranges from £3,000 to £50,000. A breakdown of cover can be found in the benefits schedule.
• Are there any countries that you do not cover?
The only countries we do not over cover in is Armenia, Iceland, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. You can purchase excess insurance cover anywhere else in the world.
• How old do you have to be to purchase holiday cover?
You have to be a minimum of 21 years of age to take out a policy with us. All of our policies are available to purchase by customers aged between 21 and 84 years (inclusive). You must have a full and valid driving license also.
• How can I make a claim if I am overseas?
The entire claims process can be carried out online wherever you are in the world. It is super simple and easy to follow. Simply visit our online claims portal and select ‘Start My Claim’ to get the ball rolling. You can also keep an eye of the progress of your claim via this portal too.
• Can I cancel my holiday excess insurance policy?
Any Direct Car Hire Excess Insurance policy can be cancelled within 14 days of purchasing the cover. You cannot cancel any later than the start date of the cover shown in your documents.